28 August 2006

A couple pictures of Mannheim...

For those curious about my new home, here are a few shots I took. Mannheim is not exactly a beautiful city, but these pictures aren't too bad. The city is very working-class and not at all a tourist stop. In addition, EVERYTHING is under construction. At this point, however, I can honestly say that I consider Mannheim home and am used to things.

This is the Wasser Turm- the water tower. It is without a doubt the prettiest thing in Mannheim. I took all these pictures the same evening- which was a typical Mannheim evening. It couldn't decide if it wanted to rain or be sunny, and this usually results, as it did this night, in a very interesting sky. This view is from the front.



This is only a little while later and from the back. There are gardens and a large fountain which lights up at night. It's unexpectedly pretty, and this was the first time I had actually explored back here. Pretty artistic, isn't it Jess?



Me on the water tower.


I just thought this picture really defined the city. Construction equipment and concrete under an amazing sky. The light was beautiful- glad I ventured out that night...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kind of makes me want to blow my...:)

5:45 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Oh dear ... you are getting weird comments. One can only hope they are from your weird friends (mine usually are).

So, Mannheim can actually look pretty, I'm very impressed!! Do you have any pictures of the school and your dorm, or would that just be depressing?

I hope you are having a great semester!!

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home